• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to carry shooting gear in a moderately-sized wooden camelback trunk but that was a pain in the butt and heavy. I carry all my gear to the range in heavy canvas bags now. Much easier for me to sling over a shoulder and lug around from the car.

22i4ww.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried having cal-graf make me one. they are receptive but they are a small company and dont follow thru. the link will give you an idea of what they have (or what you can have someone make). http://www.cal-graf.com/products-page/shooting-boxes/classic-range-box/

Dixie gun works has range boxes. I suggest you buy one of there catalogs ($7). Its pretty big and shows all there products.

I personally use a plastic case from home depot. it has trays on the top (with a see thru plastic top) and a large storage compartment on the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've two range boxes. One for .36 and .32 cal. and one for the .45, .50, and .54 cal rifles. The small rifles have their stuff in a .30 cal. ammo can. The larger calibers have their stuff in a .50cal ammo can. The items in the cans are in smaller containers and you can see everything. The powder horn, or flask, which ever I'm using fits into the can too. I don't take a whole lot of tools as I don't like repairing on the range. Works for me.

Here is mine. It lives in the truck at the range and holds everything I need for every gun I own. The wheels and handle are dandy for getting it to and from the truck at home.

Starting to think it needs a younger body for lifting it in and out of the truck, though. :rotf:

For decades i carried a large hip roofed wood box to the range. During most of those years I was the 'fix it' guy and helped with a lot of problems others had. Interesting because a mechanic/gunsmith I am not. Enneyhow, I had so many parts and tools in there, including a clamp on vise, it was so heavy I almost needed wheels and a V-8 to move it. When health problems hit me I had to go with a smaller box and bought a large plastic tackle box at a flea market. I strictly limit what I put in it to save weight. Still a few basic tools but nothing like past years.

Back