• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Price Check-Pedersoli SxS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
Looks like this will be fun for upland and turkey. First, I'll look for a better wooden ramrod as the flimsy synthetic one is not to my liking. I'm planning on opening up the nipples and trying different chokes. Now I'm looking forward to shooting it!

smokin .50 said:
Worst case is just replace choke tubes with modified and/or cylinder bore. So if bird hunting you spread the pattern out but can compensate with 1.25 - 1.5 oz loads to maintain pattern density.
I agree, mine likes more shot than powder for the best patterns.

These guns are a lot of fun and it sounds like bucktales got a good deal.

:hatsoff:
Spot

I use plastic wads in mine all the time (choked cylinder and modified). No problem, unless you have choke tubes (at which point PIA becomes a euphemism).

In my 20 gauge I can shoot one or two rounds of skeet without having to swab the bores. It's not PC, of course, but I need something efficient so I don't drive the cartridge shooters nuts.

bucktales said:
Thanks!
Looks like this will be fun for upland and turkey. First, I'll look for a better wooden ramrod as the flimsy synthetic one is not to my liking. I'm planning on opening up the nipples and trying different chokes. Now I'm looking forward to shooting it!
BT-I patterned my Pedersoli 10 ga. ..I found that using this double barrel with the bead in the center of both barrels my shot patterns went right for right and left for left..so this was not my first choice for turkeys..Did not feel comfortable enough using Kentucky windage on those Toms at 35 yards..Its a great waterfowl gun
My preference is a single barrel with the bead on top .....Dan

Thanks Dan, I'll keep that in mind when patterning and I'll work from that.
Think I'll primarily use it for upland as I will be using the .62 Northstar flinter as the go to turkey gun as I have a good patterned load for it already.

makeumsmoke said:
bucktales said:
Thanks!
BT-I patterned my Pedersoli 10 ga. ..I found that using this double barrel with the bead in the center of both barrels my shot patterns went right for right and left for left..so this was not my first choice for turkeys..Did not feel comfortable enough using Kentucky windage on those Toms at 35 yards..Its a great waterfowl gun
My preference is a single barrel with the bead on top .....Dan

Pedersoli barrels are generally pretty well regulated, however, any double can be regulated for only one specific load. Recoil begins to move the gun before the shot is out of the barrel and with a side by side the recoil movement is not only upward but also slightly sideways. If the barrels are cross-firing that is corrected by loading a heavier shot load and or reducing the powder. In your case Dan, with the two barrels "splayed out", right to right and left to left, the correction is to reduce the shot load and or increase the powder.

Back