• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pocket drill cloth at Joann's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw a post somewhere about many of the Joann's being sold out of #40 pocket drill ahead of their bankruptcy filing.

Just a heads up; Joann's on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence Al has the stuff, a nice big bolt at 40% off. I bought 2 yards to go with all that I already have. My guns really like the stuff.

It’s still on their website, but “ unavailable for shipping “.
I’m wondering if JoAnn’s is the single nationwide source for this particular material. Seems unlikely. Perhaps I’ll conduct a search for another provider.

Just got back from my local JoAnn's, which isn't closing. Although I couldn't find pocket drill, I found many other suitable 100% cotton fabrics: lots of denim, muslin, Osnaburg (too thin and too loose a weave), and even two thicknesses of pillow ticking. Additionally, they are expecting more stock to arrive "shortly.."

My wife depends on Joannes for fabric. We won't have any local fabric stores , when they are gone. Thanks a bunch to the govt. a$$ hole$ that ruined our economy. Many small and large business' going out , resteraunts especially. Same thing happened during the Clinton Admistration. My emojis were taken away , or I would put the aggravated one in place.

It’s still on their website, but “ unavailable for shipping “.
I’m wondering if JoAnn’s is the single nationwide source for this particular material. Seems unlikely. Perhaps I’ll conduct a search for another provider.
Good idea. I wonder what they expect to do with the stuff "unavailable for shipping"? Sit it in a ware house for all eternity?

I went looking at the local JoAnn's today. I won't tell you how long I had to wait to get service. Finally, I was able to ask for #40 drill and was told their system showed 1.2 yards in stock but they couldn't find it. After my experience I'm no longer wondering why they may be going out of business. I will say the associate, what we used to call a sales clerk, worked very hard to help me.

Last year when I bought a few yards the nice lady that helped me locate the bolt told me a local salon use to buy it for hair removal, after they went out of business she said the drill #40 just collects dust.

Last year when I bought a few yards the nice lady that helped me locate the bolt told me a local salon use to buy it for hair removal, after they went out of business she said the drill #40 just collects dust.
I’ve never heard that before but based upon how long I’ve been using this product, and how little hair I have left…I’d say it works..!! 😁

thanks for the info, I just picked up the last couple yards in Pittsburgh
I saw a post somewhere about many of the Joann's being sold out of #40 pocket drill ahead of their bankruptcy filing.

Just a heads up; Joann's on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence Al has the stuff, a nice big bolt at 40% off. I bought 2 yards to go with all that I already have. My guns really like the stuff.

Back