• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR Pig

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son is in USAF and stationed in Georgia. I live in Virginia. We hunt mostly WMA's and on base some. 2023 I killed 6 with muzzleloader and he has like 35 with muzzleloader and a few with CF. Can't hunt them now because can only pursue them when hunting another game species. Will be after them in Spring Gobbler. We butcher. them all very good eating Have turned a lot of friends on to the meat and we have a waiting list at all times for it.

I liked your story. How does wild hog taste? I would hunt them for sure if we had them.
Feral pigs taste like real pork, not the "other white meat". You have to handle cooking like other game as there is little fat, but it has to be "well done" because of trichinosis possibility. I wish I had a freezer full. Thankfully they are not present in SE Pennsylvania.

Feral pigs taste like real pork, not the "other white meat". You have to handle cooking like other game as there is little fat, but it has to be "well done" because of trichinosis possibility. I wish I had a freezer full. Thankfully they are not present in SE Pennsylvania.
Taste just like any domestic pig just leaner. Having pork chops for lunch 😁

We have a lot of Feral Pigs in NZ - they're a real nuisance; I've taken them with a 30.30 no trouble haven't got one with a muzzleloader yet - but I've got a 50 Hawken and a 58 Leman being built in the shop at the moment - both should be deadly, can't wait to try either. Hopefully get a chance to get out with Rudyard soon. Wild Pork Bacon is really something else!!

Latest posts

Back