• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

peep height adjustment for T.C. peep

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrd

32 Cal
Reaction score
Anybody have a ballpark figure on how high one full turn on the height would get me on a T.C. tang peep sight?

One turn will change a different amount based on distance to target. Also depends on what brand the sight is. My experience is one turn will change your POI but not significantly unless you are competitive target shooting. A deer at 30 yrds probably wouldn't notice much change at all.

Sight in is 85 yards peep is Thomson Center tang sight if that helps

I'm sorry that I can't give you a more specific answer. It's been a while since I have sighted my peeps in. I've been doing it long enough (4 peeps) that when adjustments were needed I just dialed in some guesstimate Kentucky windage and it usually got close enough that only a slight tweak was needed. I honestly can't convert KW and tweaks into clicks :dunno:
I would suggest using a solid rest and shoot a 3 shot group. If possible to lock your rifle in the rest, I would put the sight on the bull and adjust sights to the group. hope this helps.

You can measure the threads on the adjuster and make the other measurements of the sights to have an accurate way of determining what one turn will do. If it has fourty threads per inch it will move the sight .025” and then knowing the distance between it and the front sight you can calculate the impact change at any distance.

Back