• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonia River Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Pecatonica for maybe 30+ years. I find them to be exactly what I need. Their stocks Allow for you to finish however you might want. They are not a drop in fit but a little work and the fit is as good as your skills. Take you time. I learned a lot over the years about how all these parts come together. My first one, which was fine over 30 years ago still rests with the others. Yes there is some things I did that I should not have done but it shoots. And oddly enough it has o r if the premier Douglas varrrls on it. 36 caliber. Thst was standard fare years ago.
I enjoy getting them together. Each one brings a piece of our heritage together for me.
The inventory Pecatonica has is nearly always good. I always call to discuss what I want and see what they have. I don’t like ordering something and then having to wait maybe six months for all the parts to come in.

Wiscoaster, EVERYTHING!

I have posted this a dozen times as a warning, people are probably getting tired of my griping but beware.

View attachment 274883
The fix;

View attachment 274884

Repaired, many, many hours invested in the repair. I just took this picture, this is my #1 hunting rifle, I hunted yesterday so the gun is still loaded hence the toothpick in the touchhole. I soak my touchhole plugging toothpicks in super glue to harden them so they won't break off in the touch hole by accident. I paint my superglue treated toothpicks with a red Sharpie to identify them from the untreated toothpicks on my workbench.

Wiscoaster, EVERYTHING!

I have posted this a dozen times as a warning, people are probably getting tired of my griping but beware.

View attachment 274883
The fix;

View attachment 274884

Repaired, many, many hours invested in the repair. I just took this picture, this is my #1 hunting rifle, I hunted yesterday so the gun is still loaded hence the toothpick in the touchhole. I soak my touchhole plugging toothpicks in super glue to harden them so they won't break off in the touch hole by accident. I paint my superglue treated toothpicks with a red Sharpie to identify them from the untreated toothpicks on my workbench.

View attachment 274888
Eric, if you ever decide to sell that keep me in mind.. 😉

Latest posts

Back