• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fusil de chasse a cheek slapper?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Fusil de Chasse do not slap my face but a friend of mine does have a Fusil de Chasse and a Fusil Fin and he told me that only his Fusil de Chasse do slap his face. I asked him to verify and compare if the cast, the drop, length of pull of both stocks were different.
Even if the guns have the same drops and measurements, two people measure differently. Not only do people measure differently, they also hold differently, even if using a prescribed style (Stanbury, Churchill, etc) as their limbs and feature measurements differ.
Another physics factor is the more differentiation between drop at nose of comb and at heel, the more the gun will recoil upwards as opposed to a parallel stock. Pitch of course is another factor in that so there are many many things working for or against in a cheek slap.
Usually cheek slap occurs more with a gun that almost fits..(is close to the cheekbone but the shooter has to hoover just above it to get a line of sight.

Even if the guns have the same drops and measurements, two people measure differently. Not only do people measure differently, they also hold differently, even if using a prescribed style (Stanbury, Churchill, etc) as their limbs and feature measurements differ.
Another physics factor is the more differentiation between drop at nose of comb and at heel, the more the gun will recoil upwards as opposed to a parallel stock. Pitch of course is another factor in that so there are many many things working for or against in a cheek slap.
Usually cheek slap occurs more with a gun that almost fits..(is close to the cheekbone but the shooter has to hoover just above it to get a line of sight.
That is right but in this case both guns performs differently for the same guy.

They do slap me pretty good. More like a sucker punch.
It is a matter of physiology and stock design. Any Roman nosed gun slaps me hard. Years ago, I had a Hatfield in .45 that slapped me every time, got rid of it.
For a modern comparison, my .375 H&H Magnum was a face slapper, until I restocked it, now it is comfortable for as long as my shoulder will enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back