• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Octagon to Round Barrel inlet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too.. I don't know of anyone else that is cutting it for gun stocks..

How does it work? I have only worked with beech in a limited way. I found it VERY easy to chip, which may have just been that particular piece of wood.

So far so good.. Barrel went in fairly quick considering.. did dull the scrapers a bit but not sure if it was the beech or that they were just getting a bit worn. I'll let you know how the rest of the shaping goes. :thumbsup:

Has anybody tried to grind a router bit to route out an octagon barrel channel? If it is possible it could be made slightly undersized, and finished by hand. Seems like it would save a lot of time and work. :hmm:

The problem with a one size router bit comes in then when you are dealing with tapered and flared barrels.. The next best thing really is to make a duplicator. I have plans to make one, just takes up room that I never seem to have.

Roy said:
The problem with a one size router bit comes in then when you are dealing with tapered and flared barrels.. The next best thing really is to make a duplicator. I have plans to make one, just takes up room that I never seem to have.

Want to share ?

William Alexander

I will do another pictorial if I build it.. sort of hard to explain it w/out pictures..

Back