• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Revolver To The Stable

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today the UPS truck delivered my new Uberti Colt Walker. I think that I read every post and watched every UTube video concerning the Walker. I already own a Uberti Colt 1860 Army that I bought at Dixon’s gun shop about 15 years ago. I was not disappointed when I opened the box. The revolver was wrapped in plastic and covered with oil. I tried to beak it down, but the barrel would only move about a half an inch. So I sprayed it down with alcohol and being it stopped raining, I loaded it up with 38 grains of 3f goex and a .454 rb, told my wife that I was going to make some noise off the back deck. All six shots went off perfectly. I was using #10 CCI caps that went on with the help of a wooden dowel. I figured that I wanted to shoot this piece with some authority, so my next 18 shots would be with 50 grains of 3f goex. I went out to my wood pile and proceeded to have some fun. I was expecting the cylinder to get stiff, being that I didn’t lube the gun. Well, after 24 shots in total, not one misfire! I put 6 shots on that paper plate from 15 yards. I was expecting it to shoot real high, but it only shot a little high and to the right. When I tried to break it down for cleaning, it came apart without issue. The fit and finish is just as good as my 1860 colt that I bought year’s ago. Sorry about the long post but today feels like Christmas in April.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Great
Today the UPS truck delivered my new Uberti Colt Walker. I think that I read every post and watched every UTube video concerning the Walker. I already own a Uberti Colt 1860 Army that I bought at Dixon’s gun shop about 15 years ago. I was not disappointed when I opened the box. The revolver was wrapped in plastic and covered with oil. I tried to beak it down, but the barrel would only move about a half an inch. So I sprayed it down with alcohol and being it stopped raining, I loaded it up with 38 grains of 3f goex and a .454 rb, told my wife that I was going to make some noise off the back deck. All six shots went off perfectly. I was using #10 CCI caps that went on with the help of a wooden dowel. I figured that I wanted to shoot this piece with some authority, so my next 18 shots would be with 50 grains of 3f goex. I went out to my wood pile and proceeded to have some fun. I was expecting the cylinder to get stiff, being that I didn’t lube the gun. Well, after 24 shots in total, not one misfire! I put 6 shots on that paper plate from 15 yards. I was expecting it to shoot real high, but it only shot a little high and to the right. When I tried to break it down for cleaning, it came apart without issue. The fit and finish is just as good as my 1860 colt that I bought year’s ago. Sorry about the long post but today feels like Christmas in April.
Great article on the Walkers used in the movie.

1B5B18B3-2D8D-4939-AB8A-E42BE8F59780.jpeg

Good deal on the Walker purchase. I got mine a couple months back. It shoots 8 inches high at 25 yards. Only have Number 11 Caps but I can run 4-5 cylinders shooting and its moving fine.

Impressive gun. That includes my admiration for the solution for take down. It looks odd and even crude, but works really well. Range guys were a bit concerned as per the rules, Cease Fire requires cylinder to be off. One quick tap with anything soft and I can pull the Wedge and pop off the barrel (I do the cylinder as well, avoids double take).

Its one of those you need to have one and shoot it to get the real feel for it.

Came across this little Walker nugget. An original with a novel way of solving the loading lever dropping. Cut a channel in the side of the plunger and install a spring which would be depressed by the thumb before ramming the bullet home.
View attachment 312929View attachment 312930
Great idea, I like it ! Thanks for posting it! Wonder if it buggers the spring end or the frame it butts up to from recoil impulse working the lever over time ?
I see the original latch spring has been removed. Mine has a very strong spring latch that holds the lever up under recoil but makes it so hard to release one needs to pry it down with some sort of lever that doesn't scratch the finish.
I think I'll try the end latch design I worked up the other day on a piece of cardboard.

Great idea, I like it ! Thanks for posting it! Wonder if it buggers the spring end or the frame it butts up to from recoil impulse working the lever over time ?
I see the original latch spring has been removed. Mine has a very strong spring latch that holds the lever up under recoil but makes it so hard to release one needs to pry it down with some sort of lever that doesn't scratch the finish.
I think I'll try the end latch design I worked up the other day on a piece of cardboard.
I’d love to have the gun in my hand and examine it closely… there’s no obvious sign of battering from the photo though…

Back