• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goonerized Uberti Taylor’s 1861 Navy London

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2045.jpegIMG_2038.jpegI just took out my newly arrived Goonerized 1861 Navy London Uberti/Taylor's. 15 grains Goex 3F, .375 ball, Bore Butter and older caps. Mike did his magic on this and it shows. Action job, coil springs (not mainspring), arbor fix, cap fence, action shield and more that I'm missing. At 7 yards standing one handed my first 6 shots went into 1.5” with 4 touching. At 12 yards one handed I couldn’t miss a 4” spinner plate. Caps stayed intact and on the nipples upon firing. I’ve never felt an action this good. I also have my Walker that he worked on and that will get shot ASAP. I am blown away by Mikes work and he’s an awfully good dude as well. Thanks again Mike for making my dream guns a reality!

View attachment 288884View attachment 288885I just took out my newly arrived Goonerized 1861 Navy London Uberti/Taylor's. 15 grains Goex 3F, .375 ball, Bore Butter and older caps. Mike did his magic on this and it shows. Action job, coil springs (not mainspring), arbor fix, cap fence, action shield and more that I'm missing. At 7 yards standing one handed my first 6 shots went into 1.5” with 4 touching. At 12 yards one handed I couldn’t miss a 4” spinner plate. Caps stayed intact and on the nipples upon firing. I’ve never felt an action this good. I also have my Walker that he worked on and that will get shot ASAP. I am blown away by Mikes work and he’s an awfully good dude as well. Thanks again Mike for making my dream guns a reality!
I've heard of this Gooney guy, and need to look into his contacts, etc. You did a really nice post here, thanks! BTW, I love your target! It's the sort of thing I'd come up with in a pinch!

View attachment 288884View attachment 288885I just took out my newly arrived Goonerized 1861 Navy London Uberti/Taylor's. 15 grains Goex 3F, .375 ball, Bore Butter and older caps. Mike did his magic on this and it shows. Action job, coil springs (not mainspring), arbor fix, cap fence, action shield and more that I'm missing. At 7 yards standing one handed my first 6 shots went into 1.5” with 4 touching. At 12 yards one handed I couldn’t miss a 4” spinner plate. Caps stayed intact and on the nipples upon firing. I’ve never felt an action this good. I also have my Walker that he worked on and that will get shot ASAP. I am blown away by Mikes work and he’s an awfully good dude as well. Thanks again Mike for making my dream guns a reality!

What is "goonerized" for the ignorant folks like me?

Our own @45D (Goon) takes your cap and ball revolver and makes it darned near perfect with action work, arbor length correction, devices to keep spent caps from breaking apart and falling into the action and tying the works up, enhancing reliability, accuracy, longevity.
Thanks for the clarification.
Supporting other members here is a good thing!

Latest posts

Back