• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need info on traditions kentucky rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Can any of you tell me more about the traditions kentucky rifle.How easy is it to clean, is it user friendly,and is it a good rifle to own.thanks,murf :hmm:

p.s. would this be a good first flinter rifle?

Well, I've got a flinter Traditions Kentucky.... It's not PC or high end or anything, but it's served as an attainable entree into BP....

RESIZED20shooting20flintlock.jpg

Built it from a kit last winter. I've got columns, pictures, vids... on my blog at jderrickstar.blogspot.com . More than most folks wanna know about there, but you're welcome to take a look if you like....

I bought a Traditions flintlock Pennsylvania Rifle. Never had any trouble with it. Everything fitted perfectly right out of the box and shot a 2 inch group at fifty yards the first time. It is the most accurate muzzle loader I have.
:hatsoff:

I have never had any problems out of mine. The smaller stock kicks more to me anyway.

I have some Traditions rifles and they are fine shooters...I recently acquired a Kentucky rifle from CVA which is very similar to the Traditions and I love it. It's a fine shooter, it's been a bit of a learning curve for me to clean it because I don't take it apart like I do my Traditions {they all have wedge pins} I clean my Kentucky rifle with one of those tubes that attaches to the nipple hole

5 Years ago I got a Traditions Kentucky to try shooting roundball with the 1in 66 twist . It shoot well until my eyes got to the point that I had trouble with the sights I got new sights for it but never put them on because I picked up a CVA Mountian with buckhorn sights that I could use with my eyes .
Charlie

Have had two Traditions, still own one. I personally think overall they are a good value. That said be prepared to tinker a bit with them. I would certainly buy another.

The Traditions Kentucky rifle I was looking at had very little drop to the comb, I could barely get behind the sights.

Boone

barebackjack said:
The Traditions Kentucky rifle I was looking at had very little drop to the comb, I could barely get behind the sights.

Boone

Perhaps instead of the Kentucky a different stock design would be in order (or you could modify the comb to fit your features better). As for value, Traditions is right up there with the best of them (quality and warrenty). I have had my Traditions Pa. longrifle flinter for nearly 19 years now (and several "50" pins) and have not had any problems that could not be traced directly to myself.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

I've had a couple of them, as was said, they aint caddi's, but they sure aint yugo's either. I'm thinkin towards gettin another un.

Back