• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maple seeds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have many Chinese Elms around here and maybe they eat the little round green seed and pod before they dry. In a good year a tree produces great volumes of them.

Colorado Clyde said:
Next up I'll boil some and roast some....Maybe even try to make coffee out of them if they roast nice.
So, did you? Inquiring minds...can be a real nuisance.

Spence

I did not......Sorry, life, weather, and ambition intervened.... A lack of interest killed my motivation.

I only got as far as trying them raw. Similar to a green pea...

Perhaps next year... :(

Colorado Clyde said:
I did not......Sorry, life, weather, and ambition intervened.... A lack of interest killed my motivation.
Gee clyde, we were expecting so much more;

Colorado Clyde said:
....I already established that they were edible. I was curious if anyone on the forum had eaten them, looking for personal experiences,
Sorry we couldn't help. Maybe, just maybe, the history of human kind has shown us that the gathering of maple seed as a usable worthwhile consumable item isn't that much noteworthy.
Perhaps you could search and find maple sap can be?
Have a link?

Latest posts

Back