• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Coffins

69 Cal.
Reaction score
My buddy and I have started on a pistol loading stand prototype. The pine will serve to sort out ideas then we’ll make nicer ones out of walnut. It needs to work with both single shot and large or small revolvers. A few more details to work out yet but seems useful.
IMG_0567 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0569 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0570 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Looks pretty spiffy, but I will not put a single shot pistol in a loading stand. Could stress the grip and snap the stock where the grip transitions to the stock. Now if it had a clamp that grabs the stock and barrel forward of the lock it would cure that issue.

Now for a revolver, I am all in. A loading stand is a wonderful addition to the tool set.

I’ve never had one or used a stand of any type. It looked like a nice project and my buddy was all in to build a couple. I’ve seen people use a mallet to load with, which puzzles me, and wonder if that’s how stocks are broke? I always have loaded by hand, generally on horse back at a full run. 🙄

Last edited:
@Phil Coffins, I like your stand and the way it folds down.

My stand has compartments to hold a measure, balls, and caps. The back has holes for a short starter or wiping rod. The base is an insert for either a pistol or revolver.

1714074785238.jpeg

@Phil Coffins, I like your stand and the way it folds down.

My stand has compartments to hold a measure, balls, and caps. The back has holes for a short starter or wiping rod. The base is an insert for either a pistol or revolver.

View attachment 315059
Nice, we added a compartment to the base of our prototype after the pictures were took. It’s just a working model at this point and there are other details that may be incorporated on the next one.

My buddy and I have started on a pistol loading stand prototype. The pine will serve to sort out ideas then we’ll make nicer ones out of walnut. It needs to work with both single shot and large or small revolvers. A few more details to work out yet but seems useful.
IMG_0567 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0569 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
IMG_0570 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr
Good! I saw a plan for simple stand in Muzzle Blasts and made two, recently found @ thrift shop an oak stand that just needs couple pieces; it was some sort of lace making or tatting stand, and was most of what is needed for a pistol loading stand so now I'll have three. I like the Heart cut-out!

Looks like you've spent way more time on your design than I did. Bill
Yes we did. It was more of a project for doing as opposed to needing. I’m not sure I’d ever use one but still will make a finished one of walnut for show and tell. :)
I like the idea of yours having a rest on the ends.

On the "To-Do" list. For a wheel lock and a double barrel with tin of lubed patches & balls.

Attachments

• Loading Stand.jpg
    Loading Stand.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
Back