• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR Completed!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really a great job. Super clean and a nice finish. Your photography is super as well. I'm impressed
Thanks, Jim! You have made it possible for an unskilled rube such as myself to successfully build an excellent rifle. Thank you for a great product, and we all look forward to seeing what is next from Kibler Longrifles.

Super job on that walnut. May I ask what you used? Stain or dye? Finish type? Thanks (I'm doing one in walnut).
Thanks! I used Tried & True Varnish Oil - multiple coats. Then 2 coats of Minwax Antique Oil finish. Then polished it with rottenstone on a rag with a bit of linseed oil. Finished it up with a wax.

Thanks! I used Tried & True Varnish Oil - multiple coats. Then 2 coats of Minwax Antique Oil finish. Then polished it with rottenstone on a rag with a bit of linseed oil. Finished it up with a wax.
I see a can of LMF Stain in one of the pics. What color was that. That walnut has a nice color to it. Well done.

I keep going back and forth between Walnut and Cherry for the SMR I am planning. My son used to live in the area where Whitson worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back