• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

John Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a thread in the gun builders bench where a builder is saying he's 3 years backlogged. Theres more demand than willing good builders it would seem, Id just stay in contact with him and see how long he says it is going to be.

Just saw this thread, been waiting about 3 years for my wheel lock just to be sent back to me. I sent it out to him to take a look at for possible repairs, not a word in over a year.

Again, bought my first John Buck gun longer ago than some of the kids here have been alive -- early in his "career."

The grits eaters are gonna hate that he finished a gun for me a little more than a year ago. Well, I will say that I had ordered something else and, after all his troubles, sent him an extra $50 deposit when he dropped a hint despite his damaged reputation -- seemed "the Christian thing to do" and a "mitzvah" too.

Well, it's 22 months since I placed that original order now and no longer getting responses either though I have never haunted him.

I'm beginning to get the impression he might actually be taking a little long with some work...

:hmm:

During one of the discussions I had with him when he was building my gun he said that he had taken a "real" job and was no longer doing guns exclusively. I think that is part of the current problem although he apparently has a history of being extremely slow even before that time. Frankly, I would not order anything from him again, even if I was not in a hurry. What he sent me, while it is OK, did not meet my expectations based on what I saw on his web site. The battery is poorly made and there are a lot of file marks on some parts. Not a $750 gun IMHO.

I think John would admit he improved over time. I've seen it! He remains an adequate builder, but let's be honest amongst ourselves here, more so than John seems to be being these days...

...he's never been "award winning." What you see is what you get!

Anyone heard from Mr. Buck lately? I'm two and a half years into an order for an accessory and half as long not getting a response to my infrequent inquiries...

By the way, to the "shooter(s)" here, that the rest of us end up hearing about, who call our gunmakers basically every week or two to check the status of their orders like a mental patient, grow up please!

Latest posts

Back