• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

On Line Scammer Warning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Read on one of the threads about a source for powder I was not familiar with. Checked out the web site and everything looked good. Ordered a bunch of GOEX for a reasonable price. Exchanged emails with the company and all seemed good to go. As soon as the payment was received (PayPal), they quit responding to any contact. Did a little investigation and found they are well known to the Kentuckey Better Business Bureau. Several folks have been suckered. Checking the business address on google earth one finds a Baptist church. While my credit card company is making things right for me, I'm still a bit embarrassed and a lot PO'd.
They are on the web as:
Diamond Ammunition Store
319 Big Hill Av
Richmond Ky
859-592-1910

This is the first time I've tried an unknown business, other than the ones which are regularly talked about on this forum. Got to hand it to the scammers, nice web site, great response to my emails, then ghosted when the payment arrived. Looking back, there was no mention of a hazmat fee and the contact person had a name of Meena Kumari. Those should have been red flags to me, but I was thinking about the 25 pounds of Goex I was going to be unwrapping in time for Christmas. My bad.
edit: Additionally, the "in stock" numbers decreased by the same amount of cans I ordered. I checked that right after the order was confirmed. Nice touch on their part.......

Read on one of the threads about a source for powder I was not familiar with. Checked out the web site and everything looked good. Ordered a bunch of GOEX for a reasonable price. Exchanged emails with the company and all seemed good to go. As soon as the payment was received (PayPal), they quit responding to any contact. Did a little investigation and found they are well known to the Kentuckey Better Business Bureau. Several folks have been suckered. Checking the business address on google earth one finds a Baptist church. While my credit card company is making things right for me, I'm still a bit embarrassed and a lot PO'd.
They are on the web as:
Diamond Ammunition Store
319 Big Hill Av
Richmond Ky
859-592-1910
Check out this website.
https://stopgunscams.com/diamondammunitionstore-com

Venmo, Zelle, cash app and PayPal all have a “no firearms” policy. All four of them will suspend the accounts of the buyer and seller if they find out any transaction through their system was firearm related. The number one sign of a scammer is a firearms related website that only accepts one of these forms of payment. If the website doesn’t accept a credit card (which charges can be disputed) then that site is a scam. A legitimate firearms related website is fully aware of the repercussions of using these shady forms of payment so they don’t.

The scammers are getting better and more convincing. I find myself driving extra distances, seeing the item myself and paying cash. Sadly, even if a business is legit, you then have to worry if it will be delivered. I have never had as many items lost in the mail as I have this year. Most show up eventually, but a few have not.

Venmo, Zelle, cash app and PayPal all have a “no firearms” policy. All four of them will suspend the accounts of the buyer and seller if they find out any transaction through their system was firearm related. The number one sign of a scammer is a firearms related website that only accepts one of these forms of payment. If the website doesn’t accept a credit card (which charges can be disputed) then that site is a scam. A legitimate firearms related website is fully aware of the repercussions of using these shady forms of payment so they don’t.
Some other things to look for to ensure you don't get ripped off. If the website claims that they ship to all 50 States run away. At least six States have restrictions for purchasing ammunition on-line. With some now requiring a background check. Also, if they claim to have obscure, or hard to find calibers in stock you can bet it is suspect.

Some other things to look for to ensure you don't get ripped off. If the website claims that they ship to all 50 States run away. At least six States have restrictions for purchasing ammunition on-line. With some now requiring a background check. Also, if they claim to have obscure, or hard to find calibers in stock you can bet it is suspect.
A lot of these scam sites have the pop up boxes that allow you to text chat with a customer rep. A year or so ago I was on one of the sites and started texting with a customer rep. I asked if they had any Russian Dragunov sniper rifles in stock. Immediately they responded that they had three in stock and sent me pics snagged from google. At the moment that was the most outlandish question I could come up with lol. If in doubt just ask them something crazy and wait for the answer. They are good at scamming but have zero idea about the products they are supposedly selling.

100% correct, TreeMan! This information has been plaster a thousand times but some people insist on using these apps to pay strangers!! Old habits die hard!

Back