• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

jag and patches stuck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mad Professor said:
jethro224 said:
Remove the barrel from your gun. Then, holding the barrel muzzle down, repeatedly bang the breech end against your brother in laws head until the vibrations loosen the stuck jag and it falls out. :rotf:

Won't that make it tighter, banging the breach end? I'd think bang the BARREL end on his head and protect the crown with a piece ot thick leather or tire material. :rotf:

Well Perfesser, I meant to bang the SIDE of the breach end against the SIDE of the B-I-L's head... :hmm: but your way would work too!
Just one question tho, is that leather to protect the crown of the head or the crown of the barrel? :rotf:

jethro224 said:
Mad Professor said:
jethro224 said:
Remove the barrel from your gun. Then, holding the barrel muzzle down, repeatedly bang the breech end against your brother in laws head until the vibrations loosen the stuck jag and it falls out. :rotf:

Won't that make it tighter, banging the breach end? I'd think bang the BARREL end on his head and protect the crown with a piece ot thick leather or tire material. :rotf:

Well Perfesser, I meant to bang the SIDE of the breach end against the SIDE of the B-I-L's head... :hmm: but your way would work too!
Just one question tho, is that leather to protect the crown of the head or the crown of the barrel? :rotf:

Jethro,

Why the crown of the barrel of course! The head will heal on its own but you'd need a gunsmith to recrown the barrel.
:haha:

Be a shame to ruin a good barrel on a hard head!

Just a thought, but the patch ought to be holding the jag centered. Wrap near the rod tip with masking tape until it is a shug fit in the bore and they should line up. Worth a try, anyway.

I'd still klonk my brother-in-law. :haha:

Done and done! A little hot soapy water and there you go. Got it lose and used my worm to grap the patch. I'm going to hide the nasty, stinky patch in my B-I-L's truck. In the heating vents. :blah: That way He'll never forget!
Again, thanks for all the help. Without this forum I would by lost. Thanks.

Back