• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Its Time. ta Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbfree

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well My .54 Great plains hunter is ready. after a 1000 rounds she's holding 1" groups at 100 yards and I have a Muzzleloader Antalope tag which season opens on Saturday Aug 30. My 16 year old son also holds the same tag and his .58 investarms Hawkin is holding 3" groups at 100 yards. Were going to have fun weather we tag or not. Its the first Time Ive hunted with a muzzleloader since 1988, We are leaving for our Unit on Wednesday. Its a 6 hour drive from the house but it'll be fun. Then we are in scouting mode till Saturday morning then we make smoke!! Im going to take the digi camera and give ya all a play by play report when I get Back. We have a whole week of hunting but Im not trophy hunting Because its also elk bow season and I got a bow tag that needs attention as well. Cheers Stump

Well good luck to both of you...first order of business is to get back home with all your parts still attached & working :wink:...and punching tags is icing on the cake
:thumbsup:

Yea, I'll be happy if the truck holds together as well, last year the Tranny went out on opening day of elk season :cursing: Dang GMC If I didnt need a big 3/4 4x4 Id get a toyota tacoma.

stump.58 said:
Well My .54 Great plains hunter is ready. after a 1000 rounds she's holding 1" groups at 100 yards and I have a Muzzleloader Antalope tag which season opens on Saturday Aug 30. My 16 year old son also holds the same tag and his .58 investarms Hawkin is holding 3" groups at 100 yards. Were going to have fun weather we tag or not. Its the first Time Ive hunted with a muzzleloader since 1988, We are leaving for our Unit on Wednesday. Its a 6 hour drive from the house but it'll be fun. Then we are in scouting mode till Saturday morning then we make smoke!! Im going to take the digi camera and give ya all a play by play report when I get Back. We have a whole week of hunting but Im not trophy hunting Because its also elk bow season and I got a bow tag that needs attention as well. Cheers Stump

Where ya from and what unit ya headed to??

Aaah, the season is here. Pulling out friday for a three day weekend of bowhunting deer. Ready to pop the first legal deer that comes close enough. The freezer is darn near empty. :(

Back