• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is there anyone out there that can make a barrel for a muzzleloader rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wholesale Hunter in Wetumpka, AL will put you in a .36 Pedersoli Frontier with a 39 inch barrel. Flintlock is $954 and percussion is $902 brand spankin' new if the custom route turns out to be too time consuming or expensive. Just a possible option.
Thanks for the information, Tim.

I'm visualizing a Pecatonica Vincent or Ohio stock shaped and barrel inletting but NO other inletting and parts of your choice.

I'm starting to like this project!! šŸ˜€
LOL, I'm just wanting a longer barreled squirrel rifle. Nuttin fancy. No brass and no shine would be fine with me. Something that looks like my GPR would please me quite well.

There are a few cool but considerably older .36 and .38 half stock rifles on GunBroker right now. Might be a bit of refurbishing on them. Would probably be pretty fun to restore one of those oldies and I like to imagine the history and the stories they could tell.

There are a few cool but considerably older .36 and .38 half stock rifles on GunBroker right now. Might be a bit of refurbishing on them. Would probably be pretty fun to restore one of those oldies and I like to imagine the history and the stories they could tell.
Tim, I have considered a project such as those. However, my main concern with something like that is reliability, which brings into play the lock system. If I do this, it will be a working machine and will no doubt go on lots of hunts, which equals many shots each year. Therefore, whatever I choose as a platform must be reasonably newer condition, in terms of the lock, trigger system. At the very least something where locks and other parts are out there. The stock....not so much. Looking older with some battle scars would actually be plus. I can work with wood.

So yeah. Something along the lines of a Seneca or Cherokee, CVA Varminter or squirrel rifle. Not sure if I would want a Traditions but if that's the only thing that I could fine that would work, then so be it.

Last edited:
If you have a rifle that all you want to change is the barrel. Iā€™d figure on getting a quote and expect to send the barrel to that person for a copy so to speak.

Iā€™ve often wondered this. A lot of MLā€™s out there with bad barrels. Also, a lot that might could be converted if thereā€™s someone that can produce a good, quality barrel.

I myself would like to have a .36 caliber with a somewhat longer barrel percussion rifle. Something that could be fitted to some other stock.

Oh my. Why .36. ..,. I know , Itā€™s almost a .357 magnum. I have a double percussion .36, via Holts london auction. (.35 to be precise)Think by midland gun company. 1924???? Holts said 1886. Still researching it. Itā€™s a small bore but you could take big game with it I like little pistol bullets for it, donā€™t have a police permit at 81, so no chance of shooting it in uk
Round balls a bit small , over here it would be called a rook rabbit rifle

But hope is for France as no permit needed for Bp guns , tell us more on hunting with a .36. Joy you got me excited. Sunny west of London
I wish you well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Iā€™ve often wondered this. A lot of MLā€™s out there with bad barrels. Also, a lot that might could be converted if thereā€™s someone that can produce a good, quality barrel.

I myself would like to have a .36 caliber with a somewhat longer barrel percussion rifle. Something that could be fitted to some other stock.
Try contacting Ed Rayl.

Back