• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from SW Missouri.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldiron

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all. New to black powder shooting. Bought a dixie gun works Tennessee mountain rifle almost 20 years ago and used it for decoration but never shot it. This year I picked up a pietta .44 cal navy that needed work. I fixed it and took it out to shoot and fell in love with it! It prompted me to take the old flintlock off the wall and clean and shoot it as well. Now I'm hopelessly addicted to them. My 9 year old son also loves shooting them and sold his .410 (to his brother) and bought his first pietta army revolver last week. I'm Really wanting to get a BP shotgun next and a few more flintlocks in both pistol and rifle.

Say HI to the boys! Lucky you!
Keep your eye 👁 peeled for scammers and spammers. See which finds the first one. Learn how to spot them and what to do about them. And how to report them, must not forget that little chore. Like taking care of a fire arm after use. Gotta get the dirt out. Michigan man welcoming. Steve

Hello all. New to black powder shooting. Bought a dixie gun works Tennessee mountain rifle almost 20 years ago and used it for decoration but never shot it. This year I picked up a pietta .44 cal navy that needed work. I fixed it and took it out to shoot and fell in love with it! It prompted me to take the old flintlock off the wall and clean and shoot it as well. Now I'm hopelessly addicted to them. My 9 year old son also loves shooting them and sold his .410 (to his brother) and bought his first pietta army revolver last week. I'm Really wanting to get a BP shotgun next and a few more flintlocks in both pistol and rifle.
All sounds good. Welcome from East Texas.

Glad to have you. Greetings from Ralls County, Missouri (just south of Hannibal). Taking youngsters shooting/hunting is, indeed, a pleasurable pursuit for both parties. Keep it fun and you will have the some of the best times of your lives.

Back