• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grace tools review,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago bought the Brownells set before they started charging tax on the the first buy and have added to it through out the years and I must say the bits are really high quality and have fit just about everything from modern guns to old and every other job in between. I guess like the old saying goes buy once cry once. But I do have some Grace drivers but your limited to what job your tackling.
Good info and ur right u get what you pay for

I have had a set of Brownells gunsmith screw drivers and bought their small grinding stone to be able to fit the bit(s) for any screw I have encountered for the past 50 or so years. Never had a bit break or twist, probably have a dozen bits that I had to fit to oddball screws. Can't remember ever buggering up a screw on any old firearm I've worked on.
Good info thanks

In my career as an Aircraft Mechanic we always used Apex bits in our drivers, speed handles, vice grips, and screw busters. They hold up well. While I have exploded more that a few of them over the years I would hardly doubt anything gun related would equate to a titanium screw shank bound in a nut plate.

Like others here, I have the Brownell's set. The first set was the basic from when I went to gunsmith school in the early 80's. The only bits I broke were from prying with them. (Young and dumb.) Over twenty years ago bought the big set. Since then added the thin blade and torx sets. Have kept my ancient broken bits to custom grind for whatever extra weird need.

All that having been said, they were a lot cheaper when I bought them - I can't say for sure I would spend that much money now unless I had a business.

In my career as an Aircraft Mechanic we always used Apex bits in our drivers, speed handles, vice grips, and screw busters. They hold up well. While I have exploded more that a few of them over the years I would hardly doubt anything gun related would equate to a titanium screw shank bound in a nut plate.
Do they have a kit in gun sized bits?

Latest posts

Back