• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

George Nelson Builder??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikelt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
In looking over the rifles for sale on TOW
I often see a maker listed as George Nelson.
Can anyone enlighten me as to who he is/was? :idunno:

Right!
Though he does seem to make traditional muzzleloaders and not sub-machine guns. :)

George Nelson is a quality builder located in Minnesota - George is currently building a Hawken replica for me. My rifle will be a .50 cal with a round ball barrel. He, at my request, has built this rifle with an new Orion (a classic barrel) 36" barrel with a 1:70 twist for round ball. His communications are excellent, his style is traditional and he works his rifles to perfection. I am very pleased with his work so far.... more once I fire it.

I have one of his rifles, a .44 southern mountain rifle, which I purchased from TOW. Great company to do business with and the rifle is very well done, and is accurate and a real looker. Very pleased with his product as you can tell.

I have 2 rifles George Nelson built for me.One a .58cal flintlock english sporting rifle with a custom Ed Rayl barrel.The other a .40 cal Lehigh Valley flintlock rifle.Georges attention to detail in each rifle was perfect.Yet he would still build and meet some of my demands. George is extremely easy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to have do another build for me.

On a similar theme I have several guns made by Maurice Taylor he made numbers for US & Canadian customers if you own one I can likely tell you more about them. His numbering is underside of the barrel. Rudyard

Old thread indeed but no one ever responded with any owners of a Maurice Taylor rifle or gun 'or pistol . He was a bit of a bounder I gather , but quite prolific. Said to have produced over 200 pieces
Curious Rudyard

Back