• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Snobbery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% - except the idiot that kicks in my door in ANY time of the day will get no warning, and as long as his\her feet are still on the floor, the hurt will continue to fly until they are not. 12ga x 23. Black powder is for fun, will not be used for self defence. There are MUCH better tools for that.
Defense guns are tools. Kitchen knifes are tools, chainsaws are tools. Real guns, camp knifes, trade axes are friends, comforters, trusted companions.
There just wood and iron???? Same stuff people are made of.... and often more sincere.

Cows Knee...

8B0A2BEA-FAB1-42A6-8A20-70573B251AFF.jpeg

0BAB83CA-6338-4424-B580-3E156E32B4D5.jpeg

Dear David. I wrote' Less can be more' nothing Orwellian about that . Flint locks do have' hammers' but today people call them' frizzens ' If I was thinking more of pin & central fires . My battery includes some percussion guns . most are earlier & true of my production since when I started percussion was available If flint locks less so . Must confess I do like my matchlocks appeals to my Yorkshire thrift .
Regards Rudyard

I,ll bet you drink PLANK ROAD TOO?? both cost $4.00 a six pack. I just tried them both and guess what ? the old saying goes that they are the two that you drink on a Sunday morning when the bar rooms don't open until 12 AM.

I'm just happy to have the opportunity to shoot a muzzleloader at all. I would love to have a flintlock. Unfortunately I have to choose between paying for cancer treatments or buying a flintlock.

Seen Rudyard shoot driven clays at Owlerbar with his String Burner. Much quicker than my Flint gun. And that was always seen as fast. No click fizz ---bang with a string burner, Just a Red Hot End stuffed into an area of Black and it's gone !!! Happy memories of the Paycock.(Where tenants paid their rent in the long gone past). Had never shot a Fast flint gun until I was asked to shoot an Estate gun at Grey Partridge about 50 years ago. A 1826 "V" MANTON. (one of a cased pair) That was as fast as my best cap gun. I can still usually hit High pesants at 40 odd yards with 2 3/4drms of Swiss 2 & 1 1/4 oz of 6's . What will this season bring? Dare we order Day olds for now or poltes for July ?? AND do we trust our Nearest and Dearest Survive the BUG..Feeling VERY OLD DOG..

"I'm A Flintlock Snob"

Can't believe someone hasn't turned that into a hat, t-shirt or bumper sticker yet.

I have a "Real men shoot flintlocks" sticker on my gear trailer. Got it years ago, don't remember where>

Toot, i know one of the owners father. I’m not much of a beer drinker so i gave it a try...it was free.

When i drink it’s Bourbon or 98% of the time 120-140 proof straight from the copper still good ole Mt. Dew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back