• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Snobbery

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be related to Simon Kenton:)

I wasn't certain about that name, but was he the Indian fighter who could load his flintlock on the run while being chased by Indians? I know there was this fellow, that I read about years ago, that could shoot one, and how he could out run the next assailant while loading his flintlock and turn and kill him too. If one of them flintlock shooters want to demonstrate that, I'd be willing to travel quite a ways to see it.
Squint

I wasn't certain about that name, but was he the Indian fighter who could load his flintlock on the run while being chased by Indians? I know there was this fellow, that I read about years ago, that could shoot one, and how he could out run the next assailant while loading his flintlock and turn and kill him too. If one of them flintlock shooters want to demonstrate that, I'd be willing to travel quite a ways to see it.
Squint

Another fairy tale.

Y'all might want to check out some of BPMS videos, He seems to be able too load on the run. ( Black Powder Mainiac Shooter)

He's here on the Forum, maybe he'll chime in.

I'm not sure about the IDN part however....

Someone may be able to load while running if using a bare ball but they won't be out-running Indians. I find it hard to believe they could outrun Indians if they weren't loading a rifle but running for their life. One of those Indians was going to be a very fast runner. Plus, the Indian only needs to get close to throw a hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back