• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

finishing off wounded deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rev_William said:
Matt85 said:
cynthialee said:
Never shot a deer.

I have shot coyotes. After I shoot them, I put a bullet into their head when I get about 10 feet away regardless if I think they are already dead. I just feel safer making sure that there is no final shot at revenge for the beast.

pretty sure its not legal to finish a deer with a knife in WA state any way.

-matt

It's legal unless they changed the law in the last 4 yrs

its possible im mistaken, i cant find my regs book at the moment.

-matt

Not gonna see me walking up to a wounded deer with a sharp knife in my hands. Just shoot it again. flinch

Too roundball. A lot of the Game commissions laws state that any accident in pursuit of game may have fines and or loss of lic. They are the ones that determine it. Some of the old laws in Pa. where nothing but a joke, but you could pay dearly for it. Old wardens new better but the young ones wanted to make a name for themselves.

Well the guy is a real smart cookie. I have had accidents that involved no firearms or other people. Of the many things I have done to myself like cut myself hunting, fell down, twisted ankles, I have even got a bad case of poison ivy, in Jan. on state ground! All this while pursuing game. Since it hurt no one but myself, I never reported it to the DNR. As a matter of fact, I would never even think of them. I need to know. Why would a guy contact the DNR for cutting himself? I realize you were called for a rescue, but this is scary! There has to be another reason this guy lost his license. Opps, I just remembered, I drove about 1/4 mile with out my seat belt on. I better call the law on myself. :grin:

I've often carried a bp revolver or flint pistol with me and have had to use them on some three or four occasions. If the deer's still breathing but is on the doorstep I will get close enough to put a ball into the base of the skull. If the deer can thrash, even a little, I put another rifle ball in the boiler room.

We dont report it. The hospital has to report it. If you dont get treatment no one will ever know. But the docs have to turn it in if you seek treatment from them.

Latest posts

Back