• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Few questions.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I get parts. Can I clean my rifle at the car wash, can I use patches cut in different shapes besides square or round and does rubbing alcohol and sand make a good mixture for patch lube.
You've been on this forum since 2007 so you should know where to get parts from atl-atls to Zouaves

You could wash the rifle at the car wash, but the cost compared to cleaning at home won't justify the use of the spray nozzle for a few minutes of cleaning.

Sand??? NO!

SAND is a NO NO. It will abrade your bore.Warm water and a little soap if you are in a hurry is all that is needed. As to cleaning patch size and shape any shape or size will work as long as it doesn't fall off the cleaning jag or get stuck. The ideal size is one that goes in easily passing the fouling , "bunches up" and pulls the fouling out. I find that a square cleaning patch that goes down easily and is about three times the bore works for me. But my one friend only uses triangular shaped patches.

Really I should have never posted this, it was just in response to so many weird questions and responses from people who never even actually read the questions posted by others. I forget too that some don't understand sarcasm so my bad. If I can remove this post I will.
No need to remove the post let's see how many just jump from the first post without reading the rest.

Really I should have never posted this, it was just in response to so many weird questions and responses from people who never even actually read the questions posted by others. I forget too that some don't understand sarcasm so my bad. If I can remove this post I will.
Nah, I totally think you should have posted this.

Maybe leave a bunch of space after the last sentence so the reader has to scroll down a ways to find a,,, 😉

Some of us would figure it out then. And thems that don't? Well, they're the reason for posts like this.

Can I clean my rifle at the car wash, can I use patches cut in different shapes besides square or round and does rubbing alcohol and sand make a good mixture for patch lube.
Those questions are no worse than many of the newbie questions. Some are even better. Even the "seasoned " shooter asks some doozies, making everyone say "WHAT"?

Back