• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Easter morning turkey hunting.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeMan

Blunderbuss
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I’d check my Bess carbine this morning for my 25 yard turkey pattern since spring season starts next week. Good enough for me. 25 yards is the farthest I’d shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_4830.jpeg
    IMG_4830.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
That will definitely work. We had over a dozen turkeys in the front yard this morning.

That will definitely work. We had over a dozen turkeys in the front yard this morning.
This was out at my sitting spot here at my place yesterday morning. My place is surrounded by national forest. I was on the porch the last two mornings but haven’t heard them gobbling yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4799.png
    IMG_4799.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4798.png
    IMG_4798.png
  • IMG_4797.png
    IMG_4797.png
Nice! Looks like you're in a great location. I need to do that with my Bess Carbine. My son bought me some nice turkey targets a while back that I haven't used yet. No turkey's around here but I plan to go after grouse with it later this year.

I'm assuming your carbine is a Pedersoli. We were talking about sling swivels, or rather the lack thereof, on the Bess carbines in another thread. Did yours come with swivels or did you install them?

Thought I’d check my Bess carbine this morning for my 25 yard turkey pattern since spring season starts next week. Good enough for me. 25 yards is the farthest I’d shoot.
Nice pattern....

I remember as a grade-school kid, tracing my hand to draw a turkey......
What the heck did you trace?! 😳

Nice! Looks like you're in a great location. I need to do that with my Bess Carbine. My son bought me some nice turkey targets a while back that I haven't used yet. No turkey's around here but I plan to go after grouse with it later this year.

I'm assuming your carbine is a Pedersoli. We were talking about sling swivels, or rather the lack thereof, on the Bess carbines in another thread. Did yours come with swivels or did you install them?
I installed them and yep it’s a Pedersoli.

Had my Grandson with me Easter Morning and had a bird coming in. We hunt in an AF base here in Florida and these are Osceola. They have a rule about driving on the roads to early, well just as our Easter Bird was getting close I hear the unmistakable sound of tires on gravel coming in hot! The bird stops at about 50 yards and just stands, I look towards the road and it is the game warden. Guess he was out driving early trying to catch early drivers. Well as he slows beside our truck ole Tom didn’t like it and went back where he came from. I was using my T C Treehawk and I’m good to 35 but can’t. Justify 50. It was tough to see my little hunters tears roll down his cheeks as he says You Think He Will Come Back! We sat till 1pm and never saw him again.

Latest posts

Back