• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Davy Crockett TV rifle carvings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattybock

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I did not grow up with Davy Crockett, but I do like me some retro Americana, in weird doses.
The rifle that Fess Parker used early on is fanscinating me.

According to what my googling has lead me to believe, the rifle was a genuine period flintlock, but of an unknown maker, date, stock wood, and caliber.

The rifle Davy used in the river pirate movie was simple, with a functional and funny looking lock. The cocking piece is spindly and awkward. The frizzen is chunky, and overall the rifle is very plain.

On the buttstock is a collection of carvings, and I cannot find a clear picture of those carvings.

Any one have any help with this?

No help here other than I once heard that Parker kept the rifle after the film was done. He died last year and I'm sure it's still part of his estate. He was a wealthy wine grower and and dabbled in real estate.

A couple years back there was an interview with Fess Parker and he got to keep both the Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett rifles after filming.
So there will no doubt they are still at his estate.

Fess Parker donated the rifle used in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier to the Alamo a few years back... That's all I know of them. :2

Back