• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cream of wheat/cornbread muffin mix

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make a shotcup out of brown paper bag, put equal volumes shot and jiffy cornbread mix, just keep "dropping" the cup until i see the shot coming to the top. Works well, put a fiberwad and over powder card under, with the lube allowing the paper cup to slide down the barrel.

Today I tried Cream of wheat as a filler, and to help put the ball closer to the end of the cylinder.
25 grains of pyrodex, 10 grains C.O.W., wonder wads, then a .451 round ball.

Talk about an improvement in my grouping...

Attachments

• 20221102_111110.jpg
    20221102_111110.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Zonie needs a cup of tequila...8 oz. sounds about right! 😉 :haha:
Here in PA the top-of-the-line Patrone tequila is about 60 bucks. The "lower" grades of Patrone are about 52-56 dollar range. I don't care for it but need it for a gift to a friend. I'll probably buy the high-grade as he mentioned that he had the smoothest shot of tequila at one time and that was the brand quoted. BTW, I don't read any mention here anymore of Black Powder Shortage panic. Caps somewhat, but the powder thing seems to have eased. Also that modern ammo thing called "9" is over, too. Like the toilet paper drought.

Today I tried Cream of wheat as a filler, and to help put the ball closer to the end of the cylinder.
25 grains of pyrodex, 10 grains C.O.W., wonder wads, then a .451 round ball.

Talk about an improvement in my grouping...
The birds probably fly down and eat the C-o-W on the ground after the shooters go home. :)

Latest posts

Back