• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cannot find Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You

You tube is your friend in this case . It can be done easily or complicated
.. .. Easy way ,my way , combine ingredients , mill ingredients , 40 hours per pound , mix to dough like consistanty with rubbing alcohol ,push through screen onto cookie tray , spread out to dry in sun , mix every once in awhile , when dry its done ..... Works great . You can add other steps but thats up to.each person to decide . I make my charcoal , but you can buy it , and the other two ingredients can be shipped to your door ....any who .... Best of luck .
I mix, then mill similar to you, but I do as that guy on the YouTube channel Everything blackpowder does. Add a tiny amount of water to the powder, mix until there is no dust. Then compress into pucks via my homemade pucking die, and my 12 ton press. Lay them out to dry for about 5 days, then break up the pucks, and run them through a cheap grain grinder. Then screen through sifters until I get the granulation I want which is between 2fg and 3fg. Then shoot. Some guys also run graphite into the mix, but it's not necessary, and I doubt our forefathers had access to graphite. I have a willow tree in my backyard, so the thin limbs that fall get piled up, then get broken up and put into a paint can and when I need charcoal, just cook up a campfire and toss the can in for an hour or so. Easy as pie charcoal.

Latest posts

Back