• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bought TC Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbike

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to a local gunshow in Florida yesterday. Three or four guys with blackpowder guns for sale and I came across one guy selling a TC Renegade with a Sharon barrel in 45 cal. The gun was extremely clean outside and the bore looked great. I asked what he wanted for it and he said $200.00, and we settled on 185.00. As he handed me the rifle he said, Oh by the way, there is a tackle box full of supplies to go with it, and it was full. A rough estimate was about 80-90 bucks worth of supplies. Haven't fired it yet but so far I think it's a great deal.

Nope, that is not a great deal.......that is a fantastic deal. Congrats on your fantastic luck!!!! :thumbsup:

Yup, you done good!!

I went to a local show Saturday,, and no such deals, :(
The opposite was the norm, with ML guns and C&B revolvers very much over priced.
Even found one guy selling a brass framed 44cal 1851 Navy for $550!!

We were surprised by the prices on everything also. It seems prices have jumped at least 25% in the last 6 months. Cartridge guns and ammo were out of sight. The few guys selling black powder guns and accessories were at least reasonable. This guy was selling cartridge guns as well as this one muzzleloader and I'm not sure he knew it's real value.

I just got back from a flea market. The only side lock type rifle there was a Jonathan Browning mountain rifle. It was in excellent condition .50 cal percussion. The seller wanted 700 for it. I think they are expensive but I wasn't in the market at that price. It felt good. But the inch wide 30 inch long barrel made it heavy. It felt solid but seemed in the 10 lb range for weight.I think it would be a good candidate to bore out to .62 cal. You did good Topbike :thumbsup: Larry

You done good :thumbsup: That Sharon barrel alone is worth $185.00. Ought to be a good shooter with that .45 cal. Plus all the supplies :bow:

good ole boy said:
What is a Shannon barrel?
It's where the noted Irishman named Shannon kept some of his finer stock of elixir.

Sharon on the other hand, made very good muzzleloading rifle barrels.

That is a sweet deal! My son is looking for his first muzzleloader and was wondering why his dad can't find deals like that for him?

Just got lucky for once. Spent two hours last night trying to post pics. Never did figure it out. Sorry.

Back