• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder in Omaha

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fossil Hunter said:
I guess i was always looking for cops instead of being attentive to what direction we were going.

With the traffic as bad as it is in that stretch of interstate, I have a death grip on the wheel and wonder if my fingers are going to be ok after white knuckling it for so long. There's no chance to look at signs or wonder what direction a person is going. :shake:
The truth be know, I have visions of the rockies comeing into sight and the fun time ahead . All I ever looked for was I80 west signs.

I honestly can't say. I've only ordered it in the past. The last time was about 4 years ago, and had a couple of buddies go in with me, making it come out to about $11 a pound. They no longer are around, so I am on my own on this one.

I would think that the price they have advertised on the shelf would have the Hazmat fee already figured in. I'm the one transporting it after it leaves their store. If I get to go to Graf's in April, I'll post another thread and let you all know what I find out.

Outdoorman

I live in Omaha, work in Council Bluffs. Scheels, Gun unlimited, and Cabelas, DO NOT sell Black powder, only the subs. Bass Pro in Council Bluffs, does sell it, you must ask for it, as they dont have it out on the shelf, HOWEVER it is 20ish a pound. A guy in our club sells it at our shoots. I just order mine by the case from jacks powder keg.

I bought a 1lb can of Goex FFFG at a cabelas in west virginia and I stopped at a cabelas in Hamburg PA and they have Goex BP also but Cabelas keeps it in the back..I would think they all would have it but maby not..I paid around $20 for the pound I bought so I just ordered 25lb from Powder Inc and it wound up costing me $13.60 per pound delivered to my door..

smk50 and fredrader:

You two have given me a reason to go to KC to Cabelas and Bass Pro. My wife thanks you both! :rotf:

Now if it will quit snowing.

Outdoorman

Most Cabelas outlets have it and like you said, you must ask for it and they have it in the back, simply because the ATF laws require it to be stored in a magazine and not just sitting on a shelf. Best to ask any store you look for it , if they have it. Just because it isn't on the shelve doesn't nessiarly mean they don't have it.

Latest posts

Back