• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel blowing board

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
This is all starting to make the case for the simplicity of a damp patch down & up the bore
:grin:

Well, here's what I've been using. The bellows goes in your arm pit, under your shirt. The hose runs inside your sleeve, hidden from the PC crowd, and when you need to blow out those pesky embers, you just pump your arm up and down a few times, while humming "Turkey in the Straw". :wink:

bellows.jpg

Claude said:
roundball said:
This is all starting to make the case for the simplicity of a damp patch down & up the bore
:grin:

Well, here's what I've been using. The bellows goes in your arm pit, under your shirt. The hose runs inside your sleeve, hidden from the PC crowd, and when you need to blow out those pesky embers, you just pump your arm up and down a few times, while humming "Turkey in the Straw". :wink:

bellows.jpg

Now there`s an inventive mind at work, that`s just the ticket for keeping my match burning nice and bright. :blah: :haha: :thumbsup:

Keepin' it simple is good. The less manure to carry the better. I think I'll stick to the technology that worked at the time that these guns were used everyday by woodsman and hunters. Simple is good!!

Cooner54 said:
Keepin' it simple is good. The less manure to carry the better. I think I'll stick to the technology that worked at the time that these guns were used everyday by woodsman and hunters. Simple is good!!

Well lets just end this thread here, it was just a novel idea, not meant too start another war over it. :shake:

PitchyPine said:
Cooner54 said:

Well lets just end this thread here, it was just a novel idea, not meant too start another war over it. :shake:
It was a great idea and a great thread Pitchy Pine...
:hatsoff:

Yep, great idea for some I reckon. I expressed my opinion on carrying more toys into the woods. Never meant to hurt anybodies feelings in expressing my opinion. This forum is for expressing ideas and opinions unless one has an opposing view.
I personally don't need to carry more stuff in the woods. That is a popular goal in trekking and historical hunting. No big deal! Forget I posted here. :surrender:

No biggie buddy, we both had our opinions and that`s fine, i just don`t want this too turn into a do or don`t thread. :v

Claude you posted that you were thinking about:

"I really should compile a list of Pros and Cons for both coning and blowing down the barrel."

Do you think you could also add a column to the blowing down the barrel list, to denote whether that person voting is a Democrat or a Republican. that should certainly spice up the post. :rotf:

Do you think you could also add a column to the blowing down the barrel list, to denote whether that person voting is a Democrat or a Republican. that should certainly spice up the post. :rotf: [/quote]
:hmm: That ain't gonna work, cause "most" Democtats suck!! :rotf:

sniper68 said:

Do you think you could also add a column to the blowing down the barrel list, to denote whether that person voting is a Democrat or a Republican. that should certainly spice up the post. :rotf:

:hmm: That ain't gonna work, cause "most" Democtats suck!! :rotf: [/quote]

:shocked2: :rotf: :rotf:
Now I'm cleaning coffee off the screen.

Latest posts

Back