• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Awfully quiet over at Kiblers.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered mine, 16 gauge, walnut...

I have 3 longrifles in maple and almost ordered this one in maple but I realize the originals from England would have been in walnut.

Thanks Jim!! This gives me 4 flintlocks, I have 5 grandchildren so I'll see what comes down the line next.. :)

Ha i guess I was on “The List” ….. I just ordered one

I have been playing with BP rifles for 60 years but have never messed with a shotgun.
So many questions.
Best way to carry loose shot for reloads?
Best way to measure shot to reload in the woods and on an on

Use a shot snake and use whatever power measure you use for powder. Your shot load should be equal to or up to twice your powder load in volume. Experimentation will show you which volume of shot patterns best in your gun, same for powder load. But 60 grains is a good place to start, especially for a 20 ga.

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
With the recommendation being walnut…..assuming that would that be for durability reasons (not being as prone to cracking)?

Time to get started building a kit for the new gun. Shoulders recovered enough now to finish the Woodsrunner build and hopefully be released end of June to start shooting again.

I've had the cash set aside for one of these since Mr. Jim started dropping "hints" last summer. Do believe I will wait though. About the time the months long waits are down to weeks should be about the time I'm ready for another project. Will have one, at this point collecting Kiblers is a thing for me.

Bit the bullet and put in a pre-order for a 20 gauge with standard maple. First smoothbore, first kit! Looking forward to it! Seems huge hopefully it’s not too much heavier than my Lyman GPR.

Ha i guess I was on “The List” ….. I just ordered one

I have been playing with BP rifles for 60 years but have never messed with a shotgun.
So many questions.

Attachments

• 20220925_161521.jpg
    20220925_161521.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220925_161538.jpg
    20220925_161538.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Heard that he back-burnered the smoothbore project just for now.

He realized we all "need" Companion Pistols to compliment the fine rifles that we already have.

He needs to make room in the shop...and the pistol kits are using up all the barrel cuttings, and scrap wood left over from the rifles. This was a good call:thumb:
You rascal got me too! About freaked my beak! Ordered 20 ga. in walnut yay!

Back