• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Nipple Wrench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this nipple wrench at Academy today. Price is $6.99. Wrench fits both #11 and musket nipples and is about two inches long.

5f7EWavl.jpg

Those tend to be junk when dealing with seized nipples.

Just make sure you regularly clean your nipples and lube with anti-seize grease and hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. TOTW carries nipple wrenches for the same price which should be stronger and of better quality if you need another in the future.

Yep, some folks neglect their muzzleloaders and the nipples get seized: Usually the bores are ruined too. When i worked on muzzleloaders would get several every year with the nipples badly stuck. i unstuck the nipples and charged the owners accordingly.

That wrench was not for me. Mailed it to a friend in WV.

Yep, some folks neglect their muzzleloaders and the nipples get seized: Usually the bores are ruined too. When i worked on muzzleloaders would get several every year with the nipples badly stuck. i unstuck the nipples and charged the owners accordingly.

You're a good friend!

Nope, that’s not always the case.

Brand new guns or new old stock guns can have extremely tight nipples from the factory.

And if you ever buy a used revolver, needless to say the nipples can be seized and the junk pot metal Traditions nipple wrench will let you down. BTDT.

Brand new guns or new old stock guns can have extremely tight nipples from the factory.

Never had any trouble removing nipples from new guns.

And if you ever buy a used revolver, needless to say the nipples can be seized and the junk pot metal Traditions nipple wrench will let you down.

Malarky!!!

You have obviously never seen one of those nipple wrenches. They are heavy steel and perfectly capable of breaking the nipple off 1/4" threads.

And if you ever buy a used revolver, needless to say the nipples can be seized and the junk pot metal Traditions nipple wrench will let you down. BTDT.
If you are damaging the Traditions nipple wrench @Okie Hog posted a photograph of, you are doing something wrong. And if you have a truly seized nipple, a small impact wrench can usually get them loose without wringing the threads off the nipple, but at that point it’s a salvage attempt because of neglect, and beyond the intended use of any standard nipple wrench, at least in my opinion.

Back