• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to buy musket caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedFeather

50 Cal.
Reaction score
First off, I hope this is the proper place to post. Just drove out to where I used to buy my top hats but they are out and don't know when more will come in as "those have been scarce lately". Next shop is another good hour more away. Went on line but didn't see any. Hope they aren't getting like smokeless ammo or primers. So, who might have a good supply I can order from?

Try Powder Inc. for the CCI brand of musket caps. If you prefer the German No.1081s from Dynamit Nobel you'll have to use Taylor & Co.and buy them in 1000 lots.
www.taylorsfirearms.com

or www.powderinc.com

Hope this post helps you as much as much as many folks on this forum helped me when I was equally frustrated in trying to find musket caps for my newly purchased 1861 Springfield. Life is good now.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide the URL or website link and give us some idea for what you bought and what you paid?

That would be helpful to the folks interested in this post... me included...:)

Sincerely,

Last time i bought some i got them at blockage runner . Com search them they had them rsw in 100 count but way things looking grand might be better choice

Bob Moates shop on Hull St. in Midlothian (just outside Richmond) Va has musket caps. You could combine the trip with a visit to the Virginia Historical Society or the Museum of the Confederacy.

Back Creek was the shop beyond where I tried. Looks interesting enough to warrant a trip. Thanks all! :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back