• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zoli 1803's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there any way to know how many 1803's Zoli manufactured? And what years were they produced, from when to when, not just a specific mfgr. date code. Only curious, I love mine, and background on them would be cool. The factory must have records but probably not accessible to the average nerd like myself!

Zoli was the first Italian gun maker to make replica guns I believe, they made some 200000 I read, but fine shotguns is their primary business and the stopped the blackpowder guns in the 1970’s , the company still exits so you might try emailing them your question.

Is there any way to know how many 1803's Zoli manufactured? And what years were they produced, from when to when, not just a specific mfgr. date code. Only curious, I love mine, and background on them would be cool. The factory must have records but probably not accessible to the average nerd like myself!

I'm very fond of my Zoli 1803 as well. :)

I love my Zoli 1803!

I fitted it with a replacement lock when the hand broke.

And I shortened the barrel to make it a handier gun to run buffaloe, plus the Corps shortened several guns after muzzle breaches. I had a relative with the Corps of Discovery who stayed on the river till he was killed in a fight with the Sioux in ‘38.

Stripped the ugly finish and French greyed the metal and refinished the stock with oil.

Going to add a sling. I have a sporterized 1803 that was built in the 1840’s most likely and converted to percussion at the same time (the barrel is from the early production run…they were longer…the converted lock is dated 1814 I believe.) They used most of the military metal parts and it has a sling loop added to the front rib…nothing on the stock so I assume there was a rear attachment fitted to the military stock somehow.

Great handling and shooting gun!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back