• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your Ideal Hunting Muzzleloader?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm am glad that you get the chance to do it! : )
You and me both. After a lifetime of Military and Government Service, I finally get to have as normal a life as my health allows. Just turned 54 yesterday, and plan on spending the rest of my days, making up for all the things I missed. Long or short, I plan on making clouds of smoke.

for me it's a 20 gauge New England style fowler. I am putting it together now. I bought an early Virginia kit from Jack Garner and screwed up the lock inletting and it finally gave up the ghost. I bought a Tulle stock from Pecatonica and I am using and modifying, as much as I can the parts from my Virginia fowler. The VA shot pretty good, under 5 inches @ 50 yds. I cut the barrel down to 36 inches and will thin out the stock, and slim down the metal to keep it at 7 lbs. or less. Good Lord do you lose strength after 70.
Yes!

Have a double barrel flint one is 62 cal barrel and other barrel is 20 gauge ready for anything

Maybe you own or dream of it, perhaps you've got it all spec'd out in your head as what you'd build or have built. Probably dependent on where you live or what game you hunt, but if you had to sit down at "the drawing board" what would you come up with? Full stock, half stock, barrel caliber, size, length, make, lock style make, double or single set trigger, single trigger, sights, hardware and so on. Or maybe there's a commercially produced guns that fits your ideal.
Kiblers SMR in 45 caliber with a fancy maple stock. Maybe one day I'll get one but until then I have my Lymans Trade rifle and my Traditions Crocket to ease my pain.

I would have a 24 gauge Tulle de Chasse, Officer model, with nice wood and workmanship. Light, handy, easy to load and shoot.
I’m anxious to get the Kibler Colonial in .58 calibre smoothbore…probably not as light as my Fusil though…you are right, the Fusil has so much to offer as a hunting firearm. I love mine

8E5A82DE-14BC-4F48-93B5-80A4CC68F768.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back