• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

your forum user name/handle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushbuster

40 Cal.
Reaction score
reading some recent posts such as "musketeers mug" and the one on hobbies got me to thinkin :shake: :rolleyes:
why did you choose your handle and how does it fit you?

i chose brushbuster because i had an old ford pickupwith a home made flat bed that i drove EVERY WHERE until the wheels fell off ,if i didn't have a road i made one hince the nick name of the truck became brushbuster so i chose this handle in fond memory of that faithful old truck.

I've had a few nicknames over the years, most of them unprintable in polite company, so until something better or at least don't include cuss words or 'that big idjit' comes along I shall remain,

vic

Was on a canoe-in hunting trip with a long-time best friend and my traditional bowhunting mentor. We'd hunt seperately and meet for lunch and updates. As was our custom, we'd also do some roving to keep our eyes sharp (traditional bows - no sights, cedar arrows, practice, practice, practice). He was an incredible shot - last archer to win a NYS title with wood arrows. This day I was hot. After I called and hit a stump (my favorite target) at 80 yards (the longest field archery distance), he said "C'mon Stumpkiller, lets go hunting." It stuck.

Well, i think i was just lazy & no imagination when i filled in that blank on the sign up form...

maybe i can get reborn by falling in the creek and come up with a new name...

some of my ex's (yes, they all live in Texas) have some nicknames, but i undestand that kind of language isn't permitted

rayb

dnn't spend all your $$ on booze, women & guns, save some for frivolity & fun....

I got my "handle" 'cause I use'ta collect Remington Rolling Blocks,.... some muzzleloader folks seem to think it means "rolling ball", and thets fine with me!! :thumbsup:

(I hope nobuddy accuse's me of once be'n'a " inline collector".) :eek: :shake: :shocking: :cry: :haha: :crackup:

YMHS
rollingb

I'm a member of the Rocky Mt. Fur Co. San Rafael Trapping Party. We have a rondevoux every May at the Fremont Indian state park near Richfield, Utah. After I won both the rifle and pistol shoots for 6 yrs. straight they gave me the name.
Deadeye

To make a short story long....
I used to play a lot of online games. Back when I had time to waste. Anyway, after reading Lord of the Rings for the 6th time I started using Shadowfax. I went with that for a year or so but got bored with it. One day I found a new "skin" for my online character. It was a crazy chicken skin. The funniest damn thing I ever saw. As people are shooting at you, you just stand there and peck at the ground. Like you are oblivous to all. Then when you die, you make this great Bwaaaaaak sound. Well with the new skin, I needed a new name. And thus was born, Chickenfax. The nice thing about it, nobody else has that name. So when I need an online persona, it is always available. :)

Over the years progressing through muzzleloading stages trying sabot/bullets, maxiballs, maxihunters, great plains bullets, etc, I finally arrived at the patched round ball.
Became so impressed with PRB's that I switched everything to them...then decided on "roundball" as a handle, etc

Just before registering on the forum, I had been talking with a collegue about different aspects of "putting the sneak on" while hunting elk in the Colorado Rockies. "Sneakon" seemed like a fun handle. I do love that part of the hunt.

Mine is a left over of my younger, dumber days when i rode around with what ya call Outlaw bikers after getting divorced form my first wife. I ran around in high school my senior year with some other friends and we wore Levy cutoffs with a Confederate flag sewed on the back, and were know as the Rebel's. Name stuck with me after i got out of high school and out of the first marriage. I don't do that stuff any more and have gotten a little wiser in my old age. But i did have some fun as a young'un, although i don't know how i survived it all. :: Anyway, i still use the name.

I was always called Bear in high school (kodiak) I am an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) my station numbers are 414.

Put it together and you get, Kodiakemt414

I managed to get shot in the elbow and this gave me a bad attitude for a while. While I was in college (68) I was accused of being a baby killer so.... in English lit class we had to read a poem about love and devotion in front of the class by a classic author. I read "The Grave of the Hundred Heads" by Kipling. Half the class turned green and the other half walked out. One girl lost her lunch. The prof started calling me "the dread Wechlo" after that, I guess thats better than being called "shortarm".
Other than that Im a nice guy.

While I was at Fort Hays State University in 90-92 getting my M.S. in Geology (Paleomammalogy), I did my master's thesis on the extinct rhinoceros Teleoceras titled: COMPARATIVE MORPHOLOGY AND EVOLUTION OF TELEOCERAS (MAMMALIA:RHINOCEROTIDAE).

The Teleoceras existed in the U.S. from 12 to 5 million years ago. It was the second to last rhino to die out over here in North America. Aphelops was the last.

The name just suited my love for the past and I stuck with it when I went online.

Chickenlittle refers to PA hunters who are convinced that the game commission is trying to kill all the deer and ruin hunting. A few years ago, PGC introduced antler restrictions to let yearling bucks survive another year and upped doe permits to reduce the overall herd to a level that allows forest regeneration. I talked to one such fellow last week who complained how terrible hunting was on this one public gameland. On the first day of buck season, he only saw 18 deer.

In[url] huntingpa.com[/url]'s big game boards, AR and HR are just about all they talk (argue) about, along with how the PGC is selling out to the state foresters, lumber companies, insurance companies, and anybody else they think want all deer killed. Or how the Game Commission lied to everyone and no one actually thought herd reduction would mean fewer deer or more challenging hunting.

The way I figure it, people are never ever happy and hunters are no different. Pick anytime in history and you'll always find guys who'll tell you hunting was better 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. So there it is. Chickenlittle. The sky is falling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back