• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

You KNOW You're A Traditional Muzzleloader...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time spent at gun shows.......Local, gun & knife show.....60 tables takes me about 20 minutes. CLA show, Lexington KY....two full days spent and wish more vendor's took Visa!

LOL Not looking at a Beretta or Perazzi O/U, and I won't tell ya what I just spent on that .69 Baker Rifle with its sword bayonet and tools, but...

...not really a whole lot less than my original Parker Trap shotgun is worth!

:shocked2:

When you've saved all of your vacation days for muzzleloading season.

Muzzle Camp starts Thursday! Last year I showed up with the only flintlock and two of the other three had those goofy plastic stocked things. This year we agreed it's side-locks or nothing.

When you have to explain to archers (no offense to others who may be archers) that hunting with a muzzleloader is actually more "difficult" because it takes a lot more effort to reload a traditional muzzleloader than just pulling another arrow out of the quiver and knocking it up.

(I have 3 dedicated archers, in my immediate family, who are always preaching to me that I am cheating using a gun, even if it is a traditional muzzleloader.)

bpd303 said:
When you scream at the TV while watching Pawn Stars and they are critiquing an old gun. I do it all the time. :grin:
Thee & me too! Seems like a volume of Flayderman's little tome would do them a world of good...though only regards American stuff.

I have 3 dedicated archers, in my immediate family, who are always preaching to me that I am cheating using a gun, even if it is a traditional muzzleloader.

When you buy your archery buddies two, wooden, stone tipped arrows each for Christmas, and tell them you're concerned about their "cheating" as much as they are with your cheating, and tell them to "go first" and harvest a deer with one of these (handing them the primitive arrows). :haha:

You know those arrows will work very well, but see if they will take you up on the offer....

LD

I love this topic... it reminds me of the "You might be a redneck if...." comedy series by Jeff Foxworthy.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to provide a witty but somewhat realistic response!

Sincerely.

When the only smell that is appealing anymore is the aroma of burnt blackpowder!! :shocked2: Yeah really!!

When you make plans to shoot when the temps are predicted to be 11 degrees for a high and can find someone to do it with you.
RFMcD

To update the list a bit:
-When you see land that would make a good civil war reenactment field.
-When you wear your period clothes into stores and restaurants and think nothing of it.
-When your good clothes are your period clothes.
-when you go to gun shows and the vendors recognise you by the hat you wear(derby).
-when you pull out your uniform/leathers to smell the smoke.
-when your favorite pistol is tucked under the computer table(within reach).
-when you know which local cemetaries have civil war MOH winners and veterans buried in them.

Great "point"! :rotf: If I could find one/some I would give them to my family members and tell them exactly that.

Poor Private said:
-When your good clothes are your period clothes...
-when you know which local cemetaries have civil war MOH winners and veterans buried in them....
It's old news that "living history" people's clothes are the ones that go to the dry cleaner and/or are stored carefully and properly -- lol.

Helped an author search cemetary records and tombstomes for a book on CW soldiers buried there -- lol.

Back