• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yay to Smiling Fox Forge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediclimber

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My order came in the other day and everything was perfect. Their steel ball mold has a spru cutter in the handle and works great. The lead ladle is just right for casting a ball or three and takes a round wood extension. The lead ingots are small enough to go un-noticed in the bag, well except for the added weight. I also picked up their trekers grill and folding skillet which are compact and sized to make a couple of eggs or a nice fillet mignon on an open fire. Yummy. Prices were good and shipping was not that bad. They even left a message on my voicemail that my order was shipped. All in all a great company to deal with :thumbsup:

I think I'g going to order a .715 mold for my Brown Bess and My Militia Musket. I wish they made a .520 for my .54 caliber rifle and a .485 for my .50 rifle. I guess I'll have to get a Rapine for those.

I'm of the understanding that Rapine is closed. The owner supposedly retired recently. His address is in my area and I can't seem to find his shop anywhere. I hope I'm wrong on this.

Try this telephone # 215-579-5413. I just ordered from him three weeks ago and got my mould in four days. :hatsoff:

I guess just the shop is closed then. Figures, I go through that area every day. Wouldn't take much to stop in if I knew where he was.

Mark - Where/from whom did you get your militia musket? Any pix? I'm very interested in getting one as I'm a genuine 18th century Massachusetts coloni...........well, you know, at least when I'm in the woods, that is.

Jack Hubbard is building it. The specs are, Walnut stock based on the Long Land Pattern blueprints by Kit Ravenshear, 44" Getz .75 caliber barrel, L&R Queen Anne lock, Brass early Long Land Pattern furniture, Wooden rammer, no entry pipe. I guess it will be done in a few weeks.

Did you ask him if he can get a .520 mold? While talking to the owner (I can't remember his name right now) at the K-Zoo show, I got the impression he could get any size.

Jon

Latest posts

Back