• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

yard sale find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I paid about what the pitchy pine in the cook pot is worth. :grin:

The small pot is from TAIWAN and any information would be helpful IE do they make there pots with lead paint & old radio active warheads melted down?

The 4 gallon cook pot is from A. Kenrick & Sons No lid darn it But I'm thinking I can do without or if need be make one (wood with a tin sheet in the bottem :idunno: ) still not a bad deal for the $ some people spend at Starbucks every morning.

You can get a lead teat kit at most hardware stores.

Foster From Flint

The small pot is from TAIWAN and any information would be helpful IE do they make there pots with lead paint & old radio active warheads melted down?

YES, YES THEY DO, and as I live close to a hazardous waste dump, you can ship the small one to me, and I will dispose of it for you. Better do it soon before the EPA or DHS picks up on the radiation, and tracks it to your house!

LD

I've never run across a kit to build lead TEATS. Hmmm :hmm: Ya know....I bet that 's a typo. I bet he meant lead test kit. Yeah, that's the ticket.....lead test kit. :blah: :rotf: :rotf:

Do a careful measurement of the top edge of the pot & then call the Lodge cast Iron "factory outlet store" at:
Lodge Factory Store
503 South Cedar Ave.
South Pittsburg, TN 37380
phone: 423-837-5919

The "Lodge folks" are REALLY NICE & HELPFUL.- They found me a replacement lid for a large (I think 14") dutch oven that "got lost on a move" from Ft. Mead to "Camp Swampy"/Ft.Polk. and charged us only for UPS shipping!!!

yours, satx

I don't know, I've seen teats carved out of a great many things, lead isn't so far fetched, in fact it would make a nice soft medium to work with, though not as soft as the subject being sculpted. :rotf:

Got a free fry pan to go with my pots, but it was so rusty my arms think I paid to much! :grin:

A cup of vinegar, one large onion, two brillow pads, & two hours of scrubbing later :v: It's in the oven getting some elk tallow. :grin:

It's a Lodge bye the way :)

Back