• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

yard sale blanket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbow-hunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Stopped at a yard sale today and picked up a single sized wool balnket for $5.00. When we got it home we checked it out an found a tag saying
Stroock Motorode, they made wool carriage blankets in the late 1800's early 1900's. They were made of horse hair, camel and alpacha. My blanket although only a single size still weights about 6 lbs. On the web it showed these blankets going for $300.00, not a bad profit. I hope to get alot of use out of it.

Good score! A few years back my dear old mom found me a hudsons bay four point blanket at the goodwill for five or six bucks! Ya hoo!!!!

Great find. I once bought an old, yellowed, wool blanket at a yard sale for a couple bucks. I washed it in the machine with Sport Wash and cool water, ran through dryer with cool only air. I came out beautiful white, fluffed up and nicely soft. It is as nice as any Whitney or Hudson's I have seen. Folks shouldn't be shy about things like this, sometimes $5.00 is worth a gamble.

Latest posts

Back