• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Local Sale....Michael Price / Will & Finck Style, 1850s style- San Francisco Dirk - Knife, by Al Longworth custom knife maker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Local Sale...Sold...Al Longworth, Custom knife maker from Massachusetts, made this beautiful version of a Michael Price / Will & Finck style San Francisco Dirk. His knife here would easily fit in with the 1850's to 1880's style knives coming out of the Gold Mining towns and Gambling towns of the old west, even the later part of the fur trade era. Has a 5 1/2" blade of ATS34 steel, .130" stock with mild false edge on top. Genuine Fossil Walrus Tusk Handle with hidden tang, Nickel silver guard, spacers, pins and handle spacer, also African Blackwood spacers near guard. Overall length is 10 1/8". Comes with hand tooled leather sheath with belt/boot spring steel clip.
Blade shows use/handling with some minor stain spots (possibly from sheath storage). But also shows character. Either way a nice copy of that period carry knife made in the traditional style. The fossil Walrus Tusk for handle was $125.00 alone. Adds a little uniqueness to this well made knife.
Although Al passed a couple years ago, if you do a search you can find examples of his over 40 years of knife making on line.

Price: $Sold... Shipped USPS priority.

Terms: Payment by USPS money order, certified bank check or personal check (would have to wait for funds to clear before shipping). I do not use PayPal anymore, cancelled my account. I am in Massachusetts, if you live local we could possibly meet and pay cash.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    754.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG