• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WTK Blue Ridge Rifle question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5card

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does any one kow, or have you changed a caplock Blue Ridge Rifle to a Flintlock. I would think changing the lock and adding a touch hole would do it but I am not sure it all lines up. Anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...before you order the lock, it may behoove you to take the barrel out and pull the drum.

I'm just starting a project where I'm giving my .36 caliber Pedersoli Frontier (aka Cabela's Blue Ridge) a complete workover, which includes converting it from percussion to flint. I'm having it rebored by Robert Hoyt to .45 and when I pulled the barrel and removed the drum I found that the hole for the drum was drilled really low...so low it was substantially into the next flat...NOT good. Not only would that not be acceptable when installing a vent liner and potentially unsafe, but the touch hole would be way too low. So Mr Hoyt is just going to cut the barrel off at the front of the old plug and install a new plug for me. Since it will no longer have a patent breach I'll have to refit the barrel into the appropriate location, since the lock position is fixed. The barrel will need to be located a bit further back. I could create a new patent breach once the barrel comes back, but am choosing not to.

So, as you can see, it could possibly involve a bit more than just dropping in a different lock!

I converted a percussion Blue Ridge rifle to flint.

On the one I did, I removed the drum, screwed in a vent liner and put on a Blue Ridge flint lock.

It only took a couple minutes with the rifle I did but your mileage may vary.

SC45-70

sc45-70 said:
I converted a percussion Blue Ridge rifle to flint.

On the one I did, I removed the drum, screwed in a vent liner and put on a Blue Ridge flint lock.

It only took a couple minutes with the rifle I did but your mileage may vary.

SC45-70
I did the opposite I changed one from flint to percussion and it was easy as well.

I know hatfield use to sell a gun with both locks and a drum so you could go either way. I have also had fols say they ran into problems with tough hole location. Thanks for your replys

Back