• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wrist diameter of an Investarms Gemmer kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Sikes

32 Cal
Reaction score
This is my first kit, and I had some issues with getting the tang and barrel to set flush. The tang rode high in the channel so that when
hooking the breech into the tang, and screwing the tang down, it tilted forward heavily and became no longer flush on the bottom
connection between tang and breech end. Anyhow, after removing much wood from the tang channel I finally got everything square.
However, I recessed so much that the rear of the tang is pretty deep, and looks like if I try and make it flush with the wood, then the wrist
is going to be pretty thin. What is an acceptable diameter? Right now the wrist is 5.25". I hate the looks of a recessed tang, but sure do not
want a weak rifle. Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated

No way your wrist can be 5.25 diameter.

1.671 x 3.1416 = 5.25

Is 5.25 the circumference of the wrist or the length of the wrist?

How much in inches is the tang below the wood line?

Look to see if you can build up epoxy, JB Weld, under the breech and tang.

Pictures are always a help.

Guessing without seeing it that the tang needed bent to line up with the barrel and the inlet for the tang at the same time. It's not too late, you can bend the tang and get the lines right, then bed the tang in accraglass or epoxy to bring the height of the inlet back up where you want it. The tang should cold bend fine, just go easy and spread the bend out over the length of the tang so that it lines up close with the top of the wrist when the barrel is installed. I would leave it a hair under the wrist so I could sand and get the wood and metal to line up perfectly.

Back