• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN withdrawn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a beauty! Fine looking fowler for sure. Prefer a shorter barrel(plan on using for turkey) like the beauty you posted on Apr. 9th that I commented on. Wish it didn't get by me.

Any interest in a trade? I have a nice .50 cal iron-mounted York County rifle I’d consider parting with.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful gun!
Does the jug choke eliminate shooting round balls? I did a little research on this forum, but didn't see an answer to this question. From what I read there's a debate about whether or not a jug choke is historically accurate in MLs. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just curious.
Is this gun designed specifically for turkey hunting?

Any interest in a trade? I have a nice .50 cal iron-mounted York County rifle I’d consider parting with.
Thank you for the offer but I'm not really interested in trades. I have been meaning to remove this ad actually and keep this one. I figured I'd give it til the end of today.
Beautiful gun!
Does the jug choke eliminate shooting round balls? I did a little research on this forum, but didn't see an answer to this question. From what I read there's a debate about whether or not a jug choke is historically accurate in MLs. I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just curious.
Is this gun designed specifically for turkey hunting?
Thank you. You can shoot round balls no problem out of a jug choke. I've done it many times with many different smoothbores. A constriction choke is the only one you want to be careful shooting round ball out of and that's dependent on the amount of constriction. This is a good 30-35 yard turkey gun with lead and the jug choke. I've been playing with tungsten this past year and it's a 45-50 yard gun with tungsten.
Excuse my ignorance but what does jug choked mean?
a jug choke is a relieved section near the muzzle that tapers on both ends. What it does is allow the shot to spread out in the barrel and then be forced back into itself tighter before leaving the muzzle......so instead of when the shot leaves the muzzle it starts spreading out and opening up the pattern, as with a cylinder bore, the shot from a jug choked barrel is still being forced into a tighter pattern when it leaves the muzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back