• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wisconsins Muzzleloader season or lack of.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wisconsin also has a very powerful bow hunting lobby which has been around for 40 + years. That's why muzzleloading has been screwed-balled into the late season shooting. You might try hunting the CWD zones for an either sex tag, however, it is a conventional additoinal season, not a muzzleloading season.

Wink;

I have a camp on the Menominee/Dickinson County Line. Have a forty but do most of our hunting on nearby Commercial Forest lands open to public. Much of this land (Meade and Escanaba Paper Companies) was recently sold to Seattle based, Plum Creek. Forties, even hunting forties, have really shot up in price in recent years. Without access to public lands hunting will soon become a rich man's sport.

mike

...........Amen to that ! This is why I'm currently putting together a tent camp to hunt federal, state and county forest areas. Private land is too expensive to buy for hunting unless one has exceptional resources or other unique arrangements. Hunting leases are becoming the norm in many areas where good hunting exists on private land.

Does anyone hunt at Wyalusing State Park? Can bucks be taken during the muzzle loading season?

In Wisconsin, bucks can be taken in any unit providing you have an unfilled buck tag left over from the regular gun deer season. As far as state parks go, if hey are open for hunting and you have a buck tag, you certainly can shoot a buck. I hope this helps.

Vic

I'm on the same track. My muzzleloader comes first because of the pleasure I get from taking a deer with a "less than modern firearm". My muzzleloader gets 19 days in the woods if I care to or need to hunt that long. My "deer rifles" might never go back out in the woods again.

Hey Wink. Do you know of any place in central WI. where muzzle loading people get together to shoot and exchange BS. and info.? I know of lots of MLs but no congregations. Looking at a weekend shoot just for the comaraderie.

The Plum Creek Co. has been appearing all over in my areas of central WI. Waushara and Adams Co. Just heard of buy outs buy them in the Tigerton WI. area and they're selling the property off and leasing it, leaving people without their life long hunting grounds.

Elkinde, Im not aware of any local clubs,Does any know is the Wisconsin Muzzleloader association still around?

Wisconsin Muzzleloaders - Does anyone have up to date information on applying for and hunting in special muzzleloading state parks?

I have ignored these in the past because they conflicted with hunting during the regular gun- deer hunting season. In the last few years, I've heard the "either or restriction" has been removed.

True?

Look on the dnr web site . You can also have them e-mail you updates . www.dnr.state.wi.us
Charlie

Back