• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wildlife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Spitfire..here's a couple of fl. gator pictures I took last yr during spring gobbler season. I was on the public land I hunt and was going down the road in vehicle to check some new area and this gator was making his way across the road. He got to the bushes before I could get to him. Wanted to get a good picture of him up high walking across the road..they look like dragons when up high.., but didn't make it in time.
This is the ugliest one I've ever seen..not that all the others are pretty...but this one looks pretty used..
buggermans.jpg

gatorbush.jpg

ditchgator21.jpg

Bill,
What do you do with them snake skins when you kill them? I'd like to have them for backing primative bows if you get any more like that!
Bryan

Wow!Look's like Jurrassic Park were you hunt :haha: !We got biggins here also!!The Big Alligator Snapping turtles look primeviel when the are out walk'n the roads too. :winking:

Deerstalker,

Well, ya gotta be careful what ya talk about around here. Ya never know what nazi is listenin, ya know what I mean Vern?

We better discuss this in PT.

BH

I saw something like that last summer (i'm in NJ). Any idea if its poisonous?

Didya eat them? I have to ask, I've eaten rattler and found it quite delicious

Wow, now this a real nature spot---nice pix guys---the second Hummingbird shot is a good one for competition or a nice sized enlargement and framed. I specially liked the Road-runner---I got a chance to see them in the flesh (and feathers) while I was stationed in Texas. Snakes & Gators ain't my personal cup of tea, but I remember scouring the New Mexico desert at night with an Army buddy for rattlesnakes---which he found---in the middle of this I stopped and said to myself ( what the hell am I doing here, stupid." Young and dumb---a bad combo--- :youcrazy:

I have been told, and I can't verify this, that all spiders are poisoness. But most can't kill a human. It is beauitful in a macabre sort of way.
God bless.
volatpluvia

That is a Orchid garden spider.Normally non-aggresive,But will bite if handled.Normal Human physiological reaction is similar to a Beesting(unless allergic that's a different story) :grin: .

Thanks, Spitfire,
for the spider's specie. I had never seen one like that and I have lived in the area most of my life.
God bless.
volatpluvia

Your welcome.The same spider is also commonly called a Banana spider.The male & juvenile female the abdomens are elongated like a banana.The female abdomen swells during the season displaying the Orchid pattern :winking: .I have only seen three live examples in my life..they are great flying insect webcatchers.

Yes, we ate them, stripped off the "loins" and battered them and deep fried them quick. They were rather tasty, more of a fishy taste.

Bill

Gators can go from deadstill to about 35 MPH in nothing flat,but can't sustain this burst of speed for more than 35-40 feet. We usually have about 2-4 fatalities a year here in Florida from gators plus a few lost hands and arms.Northern Folks come down,think gators are awesome,start feeding them and that's when trouble happens.I've seen them several miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico--maybe as much as 6-7 miles. We've lost one dog caught and eaten in our yard--we live on a six thousand acre lake.Gator season is ALWAYS open in our yard :shake:.

Back