• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wife Shot BP Revolver Today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcriner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
We took a gun class together a few months ago - automatic pistol and shotgun. She isn't much of a gun person, but she was a good sport.

Today, I finally got her to go with me to the range to shoot my .44 Remington Army reproduction revolver. She absolutely loved it! She liked doing the loading, the smell and cloud of the blackpower, and the shooting (she out-shot me). She thought it was much more interesting than shooting the automatic pistol or shotgun. (A more gentle "kick" too.) And, she liked the historical aspect.

Now she's anxious to shoot my Hawken rifle.

Decriner, way to go there that is one of the best ways to solve your gun buying problems, is to get the wife involved I am not saying that you wont have to get a 2nd job, so you can pay for HERGUNS NOW HE HAW. Now if you can just get her skinning squirrls and fish and such tanning hides cooking and sewing. you may be onto something good.It would supprise you how many cant do any of them things today. They sure wouldnt have made it as a frontier wife. Glad she liked it yours hounddog

If your smart you will let her outshoot you with the Hawken too. :grin:

After she's well hooked, THEN you can put your best forward and try to beat her. :rotf:

Zonie, I dont know about you, But I hope that MY wife dosnt find this forum. I dont really say anything bad or not true, But some of my comments she would probably take exception to. I get chewed out enough like it is , only good thing is that cutting me off dont work anymore, I have done got too old to cut the mustard HA PRECIOUS MEMORIES HOW THEY LINGER. I getting gone before I get in trouble for sure hounddog

bwahaha! another woman turned to the dark side ... get her a flintlock, but then you'll have to get good at doing housework, 'cause she'll spend all her time at the range!

I wish my wife would take more of an interest in shooting. She'll go shooting with me once in a while but not because she wants to. Its just to keep me quiet about her never going.

Heck, if my wife would take a liking to BP shooting then, I would have an excuse to buy more BP guns.

Novel idea :grin:

I have seen a lot of women trying to shoot their husbands guns that were too heavy for them. They get discouraged easily and quit.

My wife's guns are very light and sized to her. She has a .34 caplock, a .36 flinter and a .50 flint smoothbore. She likes shooting and enjoys showing other women how to shoot. She likes scoring better than I did even more.

Many Klatch

That's great dcriner! My wife had the same reaction and for the same reasons. The whole aspect of getting involved with the gun's history and function really appealed to her. Plus shooting them is a blast! The tame recoil of my .36 cal 1851 lets her shoot all day. Great way to share a hobby.

I don't have a wife, so I don't need an excuse to buy another BP , or any type of guns. :grin: :blah: :rotf:

Having a wife that will shoot and hunt with you is a real blessing. I introduced my wife to black powder about 12 years. After shooting my gun for a year, she bought a used .54 at a gun shop in town. She used 80 grains of FFg behind a roundball and had no problems with the recoil. She took several deer with this load. She does not like my 10 gauge with full power loads, however. :idunno: About 2 years ago, I finally converted her to flintlocks and she is having a lot of fun with those.

I got her a Pedersoli Kentucky-style pistol in .54 to match her rifle and she shot it pretty well. She really enjoys my cap and ball revolvers and this past Christmas she was given an old brass-framed 1858 Remington by our 85 year old neighbor. She was thrilled and has kept me pretty busy at the lead pot!!

Latest posts

Back